Receipt of the MA "on the way"

A student may apply to receive an MA on the way to the Ph.D.  The MA will be awarded after successful completion of the Portfolio Workshop, which will serve as the MA exam.  An MA card can be obtained from the DGSA in the department.  

Students must all have all committee member signatures on the MA card. The DGSA will then submit the MA card to the graduate school. 

Students need to formally apply for the MA by going to ACES under (Student Self Services).  There are specific deadlines to apply for the MA.   

Please go to the following link below to access the revelant deadlines for submission of MA card.  

Susan Williford at the graduate school is the coordinator and contact person for additional MA card information.